Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Doing more with Less

Imagine focusing on each task at hand without any interruptions?  Now imagine you focusing on each task at hand without interrupting anyone?

Amazing how much more can be accomplished in a shorter amount of time if we can just focus:   this results in doing more with less!

We need the teamwork and camaraderie as part of our interactions, however, what is the right balance?   Finding this balance is your key to focus on your responsibilities to accomplish your goals.

These are some questions one can ask prior to interrupting someone:    Can I find the answer myself?  Do I require the answer right now?   Can I send an e-mail instead with clear details and realistic deadline for a response?

A good exercise is to jot down each time you are interrupted and when you interrupt someone.   The results may surprise you!

How do you do more with less?

1 comment:

  1. As a solopreneur, you always need to do more with less - there is usually only you to do it! When I need a sounding board or to bounce ideas around I text a colleague and see if and when they have some time. I get onto my social media sites where there are always connections on and waiting to help.
    In terms of all the 'stuff' that needs to be done, I set a goal of 3 things each day to move forward....I no longer see it as getting done or catching up - having a 'move forward' mindset changes my perspective and energy around everything to a much more positive and momentum-building attitude.
    Great post Frank! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete