Monday, January 15, 2024

Letting Others Take The Lead

As a leader, it is natural to move discussions forward and bring energy to the room.  The challenge is to let someone else take the lead.

I have enjoyed observing our team and letting them take the lead.  Simply observing and not partaking in the discussion can be easy at times and yet very challenging at other times.

Some meetings with clients result in the lead bouncing from me to the corp rep.  Most clients who have dealt with me, will look at me to lead.  I usually move the conversation back to the rep as many times as necessary during these meetings to let them take the lead.

My goal as a leader is to support the team, provide feedback, coach and mentor them.  Our management team is taking the lead on many aspects of the day-to-day tasks and doing a great job!   Communication is one of the most important keys in all leadership roles and to continued success.

(Originally published on 10.17.18)

No comments:

Post a Comment