Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Does Anything Hold You Back?

Do you stop and think about what is holding you back?  

Look at the other side of this question to determine what motivates you.  Focus on these and work on the other things that prevent you from moving forward.

We have talked about removing the nay-sayers and negative energy around you.  Really think about this.  If you find this holds you back, do something about it.  You can ignore, forge ahead or you can get pushed down. It is all up to you to decide.

Move Forward!

Move forward!  Sure we get caught up and get drawn into the dance.  Learn to recognize when you are and move to the positive side. 

What fears do you have that hold you back?   Face these head on and deal with them.   You will find you are strong enough to deal with them and you do have the ability to get past them. 

Excuses

Think about your challenges and how you address them.  Is some sort of fear getting in the way of resolving challenges?  What excuses do you allow to hold you back?  Excuses are just excuses by the way and most of the time they are not valid. 

When I think about excuses, it comes down to myself holding me back.  Some mornings it is easy to shut off the alarm and sleep a little longer.  Sometimes we tell ourselves stories such as:  I'm too sore and too tired to go to the gym.  Don't let yourself get in the way! 

Channel Your Energy

I could sit around making more excuses and go back to sleep.  I find my drive to just get up, fill my water bottle and head out to the gym.  Don't let yourself get in the way and hold you back.  Channel your energy to help you move forward.  I am glad I do and always feel energized after an early morning workout.  Now I'm ready for the day and the all the good opportunities and challenges it brings.

What is holding You back?  

(Originally published on 10.23.19) 

No comments:

Post a Comment