Wednesday, January 6, 2016

How Full is your Plate?

From time to time, it is a good idea to stop and take a look at how much or how little is on your plate.  With all the year-end milestones, holidays, happy new years and new years' resolution cliches, this is the ideal time to ask yourself "How full is your plate?"

My plate always seems to be too full and it is my own fault.  I wish I could blame someone or something and have accepted it as my own responsibility.

So how do you determine what should and what should not be on your plate?   This is up to you to determine your priorities and what you stand for.

My plate should have time and activities for:  my health, me, my family, unplugged time (most challenging!), president hat, owner hat, creating opportunities, connecting people, building relationships, community support, volunteer hat and some room for additional tasks.

When I sit and take an inventory of what is currently on my plate, some things need to go.   Letting go of these things, I admit, is difficult.   A couple of items are still on the plate that should have been scratched off last year.  

I have added learning to say no and understanding it is OK to say no.  This will help keep my plate just full enough and yet not too full.

How full is your plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment