Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What ever happened to customer service?


This week's blog is by an anonymous Guest Blogger who sent in their thoughts on customer service.

Whatever happened to customer service?

I always thought it was common sense, apparently not! Is it too much to ask that someone be present when they are checking you out at a store or acknowledge your presence in a doctors office? Just look up, make eye contact, give a small smile. I know you're busy I'm just trying to let you know I'm here. 
Your actions speak volumes.

As an employer this is unacceptable behavior. My employees are a reflection of me and my business. Many times they are the first person that a customer sees....and you know what they say about first impressions. 

Every single person that walks through your front doors should be treated as if they are the most important person there...because really, they are. They keep you in business, they pay your wages and their referrals bring in new customers. We all have the basic need to be seen and heard. 

It's my job to make sure that every employee understands this and is trained properly. I get a thrill when I see a returning customer and am so happy when they bring or refer a friend. By returning to you they are saying so much... I believe in you, I trust you, you're doing a good job. 

What are people saying when they walk out of your place of business?

No comments:

Post a Comment