Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Co-Op Experience


This week we welcome Guest Blogger Nathan Bellaire, student at Tecumseh Vista Academy Secondary School.

February I had my interview at AlphaKOR and it went really well.  I knew I would be going here for co-op but I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.  My first impression was everyone was very nice and friendly, and the building was fantastic!

Next year I will be starting college for mobile app development, and although that is the sort of thing I was initially expecting to do at AlphaKOR, my current lack of schooling in that subject matter made me a better candidate to work with Brandy in the marketing department. It wasn’t quite what I was expecting, but it has turned out to be a really good experience so far.  After a little over two months here I can say that I have been really enjoying working in the marketing department and I have learned a lot so far.

Throughout the time I have spent here, my primary project has been to create a user guide for KareHR, AlphaKOR’s time and attendance software.  My first objective was to learn and understand the software enough to be able to write a user guide for it.  I have been working on the user guide on and off as other smaller projects came through that needed to be worked on as well.  I am currently finishing up the user guide for KareHR and just making some small revisions to it. 

After the user guide is complete, I’m not sure what will come next.  I have a passion for computers and everything tech related whether it be hands on or software related.  Whatever AlphaKOR has in store for me next, I am eager to find out what it is.

I’m sure it will continue to be a wonderful learning experience and I will enjoy the rest of my time here.

Nathan Bellaire, Guest Blogger
Student, Tecumseh Vista Academy Secondary School

No comments:

Post a Comment